When is enough really enough
If you want to be serious about Weight loss , you need to be completely honest with yourself about what you are eating . A healthy lifestyle does not just happen over night.
You need to convince yourself that you are ready to make the change. This is where it gets hard , nobody can convince you to do it , but you yourself.
When you are ready to live a happy , healthy and prosperous life then there are a few things we need to look at in order to understand how the fight between eating healthy and eating junk food can effect our lives .
What is Junk food ? Basically it is any kind of food that has poor nutritional value. This is considered unhealthy & it can be called junk food . This food contains high levels of calories from the sugar or fat that is in this kind of food .
Not everybody who is thin is healthy, and not everyone who is overweight is unhealthy, but eating right can improve health for even thin people who are junk food junkies. You can think of junk food as anything that’s high in calories and low in micronutrients like vitamins and minerals. This includes potato chips, greasy foods like french fries, and soda.
So lets look at some "pro's" and "con's" of eating healthy or not so healthy.
- Always a lack of vitamins and minerals
- Increased risk of obesity and also cardiovascular disease
- weight gain
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Can trigger digestive problems : irritable bowel syndrome for instance
- Fatigue and weakness: because the lack of proteins and vitamins that are required
Can cause kidney disease ( kidneys filter all the toxins from the blood . Eating junk food has a direct effect on the kidneys
- The body gets the right amount of fruit, vegetables and dairy products that it needs . So it feels satisfied . ( Appetite is gone after this because of sufiecient nutrient intake .)
- Reduces the risk of strokes
- Reduces the risk of Cancer AND type 2 diabetes.
- The brain can function clearer during the day.
- Enhances your mood
- Eating healthy can reduce stress too
- It can regulate your weight
- Lower blood pressure .
Now we can look at some useful tips to help us eat healthy.
If switching to a healthy diet was easy, everyone would do it. But small changes over time results in big payouts . Set small attainable goals each day that will turn into long term results. So the question is ... When is enough really enough? The answer is TODAY. Start today , start feeling better about yourself and your lifestyle.
- Do not skip meals: Eat the same time everyday if it is possible for you to do so.
- Stay hydrated . +/- 2 to 3 liters of water a day is definitely a must.
- Forgive yourself if you slip up. If you beat yourself up after a slip up , your goal will start to slip and you will loose interest .
- Be more active . Even walking 30 minutes a day can do wonders.