Acne is caused by an interaction between hormones, over active sebaceous glands and bacteria, which results in inflammation of the pores. Most people develop acne as it is the most common skin Disease, but it primarily affects teenagers undergoing hormonal changes. So this will usually happen during the Puberty years but most likely it carries on into adulthood for some people. The causes for this is simple and there are quite a few reasons we will discuss below.
Acne can be affected by the menstrual cycle, anxiety and stress, oil based makeup, bad hygiene and pimple squeezing. Pimples tend to appear on the face, back, chest, shoulders and neck. Our Professional opinion is that a lot of people do not know how to look after their skin. They don’t invest in professional Skin care products and keep using the wrong Cleansing methods, which at the end of the day makes the disease or skin condition worse. Here we can establish the main reasons for this disease:
· People with oily skin are more prone to getting acne
· Using the wrong makeup products and also too much makeup (as we have found in a lot of young girls)
· The acne does not only affect the face, but can also be found on the back and the neck.
· Most people suffer for years with this condition. The acne can stay Mild (few, occasional pimples) or severe (Nodules and cysts) up into their mid-thirties if not treated properly.
· Picking and prodding the acne lesions, will result in scars and also more infected areas
· Rubbing over the face will infect other open pores.
· Acne is not dangerous but it can leave scars.
· Primary cause is Hormones
· If there are more than 10 inflamed elements on the skin, then it is classified as acne.
· It Is always affected by stress, sweat and poor hygiene.
· It is psychologically effected and sometimes people have to go for counselling and they will mostly pull away from social events and gatherings.
Our main Concern is to help people with our treatments. The goal here is to heal this specific problem. By doing so we encourage them to have the right professional products to use at home so that we can get rid of this disease once and for all. We always say, the main rule is if you don’t notice then no one else will notice either.
We have found methods in our salon that works and give optimal results.
Our deep cleansing acne facial consists of three steps. We use a skin scrubber to clean off the excess sebum on the skin, it removes the top layer of the skin which helps us to treat the problem areas as the pores will now be open. The second step will be our High frequency (Tesla). This will help treat and prevent stubborn acne and also shrink the enlarged pores. High frequency stimulates cell renewal and assists with improved skin care product penetration and absorption by gently warming the tissues of the skin. It Enhances blood circulation, increases collagen and elastin production and also eliminates toxins and acne-causing bacteria. The third step would be an ultrasound wave that penetrates deep into the skin layer where the problem begins, this will then help to kill the bacteria and help the medication we apply by means of the wave penetrating into it.