Does Salt affect weight loss?
Diva - 03 Feb 22
The Big question....Does salt affect weight loss? Our Clients often do not fully know what they are putting into their bodies and what the side effects or consequences of their actions can be. We have a found a big gap of knowledge in people who are trying to lose weight and the topic of salt.
So can salt really cause weight gain?
Salt and Our Health
- Highly processed and salty take-out foods: pizza, mexican food, hamburgers, nuggets or fried chicken, french fries (Chips), etc.
- Packaged snacks with added salt: chips (Chrisps), pork rinds, pretzels, etc.
- Processed meats: Biltong, Dried Wors, bacon, salted and cured meat or fish, salami, sausages, etc.
- Salty condiments: salad dressings, soy sauce, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce etc.
- High salt boxed or canned meals: ready-made pasta and rice dishes, canned soups, canned bullybeef, smash potato mash pockets, etc.