How to lose belly fat after pregnancy
Diva - 19 May 22
Most women gain between 10 and 25 kilograms during their pregnancy. We know Losing this weight after delivering the baby is not that easy and losing the belly fat can seem like climbing mount Everest. There are quite a few things that you can do to help you get your pre-pregnancy body back. Losing belly fat in general is a difficult obstacle now add pregnancy to the list. Let's dive into the things you can do to help you lose belly fat after pregnancy.
Losing stomach fat after pregnancy
And as it goes, from the moment your baby is born, there are hormonal changes that cause your tummy to decrease in size. However, it takes another six to eight weeks for your womb (uterus) to contract to its pre-pregnancy size.
Another thing you can incorporate into your daily routine is deep belly breathing with abdominal contractions. There are plenty of yogis out there doing these exercises. The exercise itself helps you to tone and strengthen your abdominal muscles and stomach. You can start by sitting upright and breathing in air from deep within the diaphragm upward. You will Contract and hold your abs tight while you are inhaling and then you can relax while exhaling. Slowly increase the number of times you can hold your abs.
Next up on the agenda, eating healthily.
- You have to Make time for breakfast.
- You need to Eat at least five portions of food a day, and these meals should be balanced with vegetables, fruit and protein.
- Include plenty of fibre-rich foods, such as oats, beans, lentils, grains and seeds, in your diet.
- Avoid high-fat and high-sugar foods, such as biscuits, cakes, fast food and takeaways.
- Watch your portions at mealtimes and the number and type of snacks you eat between meals.
Do some Head Lifts, Shoulder Lifts, and Curl-UpsWhy are they good for you? These three movements will help to strengthen your back muscles. They are also helping you to tone the tummy and abs while you burn calories.
- Head lifts: You can Lie on your back with your arms next to the sides of your body. While you keep your lower back flush to the floor, bend your knees up with your feet flat on the floor. Now, Relax your belly as you inhale. As you exhale, slowly lift your head and neck off the floor. Inhale as you lower your head back down.
- Shoulder lifts: When you are able to and can do 10 head lifts with ease, try this next movement. Get into the same position you did for the head lifts. Inhale and relax your belly. As you exhale, raise your head and your shoulders up off the floor, and reach your arms and hands toward your knees.
If this strains your neck at all, fold both hands behind your head, but do not pull on your neck. Inhale as you lower your head and shoulders back down.
- Curl-ups: When you are able to do 10 shoulder lifts without discomfort then you can move on to the next one. Start in the same position on the floor. Lift your torso until it's about halfway between your knees and the floor behind you. Reach toward your knees and hold that position for 2 to 5 seconds. Then, slowly lower yourself down.
Here are some more great tummy tightening exercises that you might want to try:
- Forearm plank. Lie down with your forearms on the floor. Rise up onto your toes. Suck in your belly. Tighten your buttocks. Hold for 20 and build up as you get stronger.
- Reverse crunch. Lie down on your back with your knees bent and your thighs perpendicular to the ground. Using your abs, bring your knees toward your chest. Hold for 2 counts and repeat 10 times.
- Scissor kicks. Lie on your back with your legs straight. Lift both legs off the floor and then scissor your legs by lowering and lifting them alternately. Do 15 to 20 repetitions.
You’re eating healthily, exercising, working your abs… and your belly is still there. What now?
Conventional surgical liposuction removes fat from your body, leaving behind excess & wrinkly skin. Diva Slimming & Aesthetics ultrasound liposuction treatments use the latest technology to break down fat deposits and stimulate the growth of collagen. Our treatments will not only help you lose belly fat with ultrasound liposuction but, it will enhance the overall contours of your stomach! We do recommend coming in as soon as you are able to after giving birth, when the stomach fat is still soft it is much easier to break down and melt which means it will be easier for you to get rid of the abdominal fat easier and quicker.