Should I take dietary supplements
Diva - 15 Jan 22
We will dive into this blog with the question…Should you take supplements or not.What exactly is a dietary supplement? According to the FDA a dietary supplement is a product to be taken orally to increase the nutritional value of a diet. They come in forms of tablets, capsules, liquids, premixed beverages and powders as well as creams, gels and sprays. One of the most common asked question by nutritionists around the world is: Do I have to take supplements constantly or can I get everything I need from food? Well the answer is Yes and No and this comes from nutritionist experts with extensive degrees in biochemistry.
Recommended dosages should not exceed the daily allowance for the corresponding age
Manufacturer. Among the well established companies are various supplements that can be taken
Vegan or vegetarian formulations
USP verified or NSP verified on the label is a guarantee of quality
Things to avoid:
- Generically modified substances such as soybean oil, corn starch which is common additives
- Plastics and some extended release coatings and capsules contain phthalates
- Pesticides, lead, PCB’s and mercury
- Artificial colours, flavour and preservatives
- Fillers that contain toxins such as sodium laurel sulphate, propylene glycol, povidone, chlorine, talc and titanium dioxide
- Fillers that can cause gastro intestinal distress, including lactose, magnesium stearate, sorbitol and cellulose
- Sugar and other sweeteners
Read the list of ingredients and instructions carefully. Many dietary supplements are not marketed as drugs and their formulation and safety regulations are not regulated by the relevant authorities
Consult a specialist before taking any dietary supplement. At Diva Slimming and Aesthetics we sell a herbal supplement that helps with weight loss. It contains no caffeine, no chemicals or any modifications, It is formulated with pure herbs like rose, jasmin, cassia seed, mulberry etc. These supplements are helpful for our clients who want to lose weight, they will burn the fat layer from the inside, help with cravings and force you to drink water as you will feel thirsty.
Yes, because a balanced diet does not exists in nature
No, because it currently will take an unreasonable amount of effort, time and knowledge to eat perfectly organic and suitable food for those needs. It would also require living with a minimal level of stress in order not to flush the precious minerals and vitamins from the body.
High quality supplements are essential for promoting health, filling nutritional gaps and protecting the body. After all, there are many factors that undermine health that lie mainly outside of our control.
Among these factors:
- Processed foods
- Environmental toxins
- Digestive disorders
- Various genetic tendencies
- Issues with detoxification of some pharmaceuticals
- Hormones and antibiotics in meat, fish and poultry
- Genetically modified organisms (GMO’s)
- Depletion of soil on which fruits and vegetables are grown
Taking the following supplements on a more or less constant basis to maintain optimal health may be beneficial:
We highly recommend having blood tests done and consulting a doctor before taking any dietary supplements.